Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day












I am truly exhausted. Gary and I woke up this morning with rotten colds. The kind where your nose gets raw because it's always dripping and you are wiping it 24/7. Of course we had to pull it together for the kids and luckily for us we were carried through by their excitement. It was so exciting for them to wake up this morning and to see all the presents. By the time we had opened up the presents, undone all the packaging, assembled everything and played with the kids it was eleven. I then spent the next three hours in the kitchen preparing the Christmas feast. (In England it's all about the food!) We then had Christmas dinner followed by more playing. By about 4pm the kids were getting so grumpy. The excitement had been entirely too much. We took a drive to distract them a little before a snack and bed. Nathan was the most tired because he is recovering from an infection which needed a trip to Childrens (that's a great story I'll save for another time). He was so happy to get into bed and cuddle up with his new Lightening McQueen toy. It's only 6.15 and both Gary and I are feeling so cruddy that I'm sure we won't rise from the couch until about 9pm when we'll probably drag our sorry butts to bed. Even so I can honestly say it's been a fantastic Christmas spent in the company of my most favorite people in the whole world. I am blessed beyond measure. I don't even regret buying the Buzz Lightyear laser guns for the boys!!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Ohhh, it's never fun being sick, especially on Christmas! I hope you guys will feel better soon!!!