Monday, October 26, 2009

The Pumpkin Fairy.

About a week ago we had a visit from the pumpkin fairy (aka our friend Rosalia!). It was just in time for us to plan our annual pumpkin carving night. Everyone was in truly high spirits, even Nathan who came home from school with a temperature. It looks like he is the third and final child to succumb to the dreaded bug going through the family. First of all we made some caramel apples. They are so yummy. We used sour Granny Smith and the sweet/sour taste is wonderful.
Then we got to carving. I was so proud of Leia and Spencer who each carved their pumpkins solo this year. Gary carved a great design and I helped Nathan with his.
At the end of the night we all enjoyed our apples before we tucked the kids up in bed. As much fun as this undoubtedly is, the mess and planning is incredible. I am SO exhausted and have a low back ache. I'm surprised I even did this post but then again all I've had to move for this is my fingers. THANK GOODNESS!










3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a fun activity - is that chocolate on your caramel apples? And where did the name "Rosalia" come from?

Saquel25 said...

Hey Jill
Rosalia is the Relief Society President. She has left pumpkins for the kids both years we've been here on the doorstep and the kids think the pumpkin fairy leaves them. We put mini chocolate chips and heath bits on the apples.

Rachel said...

Great pictures - looks like so much fun - I must at some point in the future come and stay with you over Halloween and share in the festivities! xxx