Saturday, October 17, 2009

First Glimpse

Today Gary surprised me with a lunch date and then to get a 3D ultrasound of the baby. He knew I had been wanting to do it and I should know better than to tell Gary these things because he will just disregard the cost and get me what I want. Anyway it was so nice. We had a long lunch and then headed over to the ultrasound place. And that's where it wasn't so great anymore. The baby was fast asleep and kept snuggling further and further into my uterus until he was facing my spine. She managed to get a couple of pictures before all we could see was the back of him or a hand right up in front of his face. Like my other kids he seems to enjoy having both hands by his face. But we saw his boys bits in complete clarity as well as his little mouth making sucking motions and his little fingers and toes. Luckily, they give you a repeat appointment for no extra charge if the baby doesn't cooperate so we are going again next week. I am excited. Now I just need to research things I can do to make him wake up during the appointment. Caffeine makes them too jumpy we were told so it seems that I need to be extremely hydrated (not sure what else I can do in that arena since I've been drinking gallons of ice water right from the beginning of the pregnancy) and maybe eat something in particular before the ultrasound. I did eat a lot of carbs for lunch today and perhaps that made him sleepy. Anyway here are the few good pictures we got and hopefully next week we will have a lot more!



No comments: