Friday, July 3, 2009

Poem

There's a lot of things to get stressed about right now in my life. One of the most pressing is the mess created by tenants from HELL (please excuse my vehemence) when they trashed our house and ran off without paying rent and certain bills associated with the house.
But this morning I find I don't care. Because Leia wrote this for me. It is almost as good as the look on her sweet face when she gave it to me and waited for my reaction.

Mommy

Mommy mommmy
What would I do without you?
If you weren't here with me I would not have
all the love and care.
Seems like your my special gift!
Everything you provide is great!
Mommy mommy
I love you.
I just want to say I love you.
You are special
Mommy mommy

I know that today is going to be a very good day. Sometimes I feel bad because I expect a lot out of Leia. I get so angry when her room looks like a pigsty and when she writes on every last piece of paper she can find. As a mother you wonder if the strict routine you put in place and keeping close tabs on them may make them resent you in some way. I always hope that it makes them feel safe and poems/letters that Leia sends me reassure me that despite my many mis-steps, she and I are building a relationship that can endure throughout both our lives.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is that why Gary was out this weekend? That sucks.

In 8 1/2 years of owning a rental property, we've only had that happen to us once. And our rental is in a rougher area than yours is, so we tend to have more questionable tenants to start with. Sometimes, though, people get by you and it stinks. I'm sorry you're having to deal with it.

Mamapierce said...

What a sweet poem. Leia is such a darling girl!