Thursday, February 7, 2008

My morning

I attend a spinning class at the YMCA on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I enjoy it very much and try not to miss it if at all possible. Occasionally I will have various things to do such as take my son to the doctor for a check-up and a booster shot. This eventuality cropped up a week or so ago and so I phoned the doctor to make an appointment. They had an appointment this morning at 9.15. As you are aware, today is Thursday so I had my spinning class pencilled in at 10.15. But I thought to myself that I could easily make the class. If I'm in at 9.15, a check-up and shot could only realistically take 45 minutes to an hour. Afterall, I had a root canal done in less than an hour the other day.

At this point I can hear faint echoes of laughter. I am after all a mother of three who should know better. Sure enough I arrived at the doctor and they apparently took one look at me and decided that what I actually wanted to do this morning was spend two hours in a room that measured about 10ft by 10ft with no windows with my two and four year olds who had recently woken up and were full of energy. For my express comfort they provided a stool with wheels on which we discovered was capable of crashing into walls at high speed. There was also a wonderful cupboard and two drawers filled with all sorts of exciting and dangerous medical equipment. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on how fun that was for me.

Of course by the time we were seen, a couple of lollipops promptly soothed the boys but unfortunately by that point I had somehow already promised Spencer that if he behaved then he could decide what we did for lunch. That's why I'm now enjoying a 7 layer burrito from Taco Bell. And in the end, who wants to burn 500 calories in the gym when you can consume them in front of the computer instead?

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

That was funny...

Deena said...

There was a lonely bike in the back calling your name today too. :)

Anonymous said...

How boring and non-challenging would life be without long dr. visits and energetic boys? Life as a Mom can't be beat! Love it!