Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A different kind of tired

You wouldn't think that spending a whole day in the house could be exhausting. I think there's something about snow that makes my children especially energetic. From morning to evening I was busy cleaning up poop, serving drinks and other food, getting kids ready for snow play and picking up the discarded clothes afterwards, switching out DVDs, disciplining, keeping the peace, and various other tasks. It was so nice to have a friend come over and scrapbook with me (I managed to fit in a page amongst the chaos) and bring her child so the kiddos had a new face to distract them. It's not as if I did anything physical or strenuous as such but I'm sitting here now the kids are finally in bed, and I feel pretty wiped out. I love to be "Moma" but tonight I don't want to hear anyone call me that even once. And I doubt I will move from this exact spot on the couch all evening!




A quiet moment from a couple of days ago. I meant to put this picture out there before now. Nathan has recently been getting into puzzles and I always love to see the boys playing so well together.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Hey, thanks for having us over! We had a splendid time. Oh, check my blog - you have won an award! :o) Thanks for making my snow day even better! You're an excellent host. And friend. And Mom...