Monday, May 23, 2011

WALKING!!!!

Well, after many thoughts about the "normal" development of babies, Oliver is finally walking at almost 16 months. I must have done a fair few google searches on developmental milestones and looked at the rather intimidating statistic that 90% of babies walk by 14 months one too many times. It seems silly to worry about that stuff since he has been saying words - morning, ma ma, daa (daddy), bye, night night to name a few, he tries to get the attention of anyone who comes near him, and he dances, but as a mother you can't seem to help it. So it has been my mission to coax him into it. For quite a while now I have been holding things just out of his reach and until today he has resisted the bait. So he has wobbled up and down while I desperately tried to record the moment. Fun stuff! Here are the pictures I managed to get.










Looks like it's time to get some ink on those feet!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Look at him go! Oliver is so adorable. :D

Colleen said...

What a cutie! I know it's hard not to worry when milestones aren't met when you think they should be, and it's such a relief when they get there! Hooray Oliver!

Anonymous said...

i just swinging by and found out that your children so cute! especially this one :)
what a happy family ^^

Cumorah said...

Yay for walking! Emmett didn't walk until he was sixteen months either. My pediatrician kept recommending I take him to a physical therapist...which seriously made me laugh. All of my kids were "slow" walkers...but they make up for it quick! I'm sure Oliver will be RUNNING around and keeping you on your toes in no time!