Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trick or Treat!






Of course we had a blast this evening when we went trick or treating. We started out strong with the kids literally racing from door to door. Nathan was ecstatic with all the candy people kept giving him. He would run to me after he'd been to the door and say "Look Mommy, M&Ms" or "Candy". At one point, we walked past a little boy in a wolf mask. Nathan looked alarmed and immediately looked around for me. (I'm his comfort object). When he saw me, he wiped his little hand across his forehead and said, "Phew, that was close". He cracks me up all the time. He wouldn't let anyone near his candy. I kept trying to empty a bit out here and there to make it lighter for him to carry. He would scream and hang on to it. In the end he was practically dragging the pumpkin along as it was too heavy to carry. An hour in, he kept sitting down on the ground as he was so tired. Gary of course wanted to max out the trick or treating and cover as much ground as possible. I had to remind him that we were doing this for the kids and they all wanted to come back to the house and actually eat some of the huge pile of candy they had got. Other highlights include Anna needing the toilet so bad that she had to use a total stranger's bathroom. (Of course the home owner was more concerned about the state of her bathroom!). And then a fire engine showed up in the neighborhood with a couple of firemen handing out loads of candy. The boys loved it and for a couple of blocks afterwards, Nathan kept looking longingly behind him and saying "Fire chen chen". An evening to remember!

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for taking my little Anna along, it looks like she had a GREAT time!!! You're the best!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous! A firetruck!!?! What are the odds? My boys would have died and gone to heaven!
We had fun freaking the neighbors out with my hubby's costume! One of the neighbors recognized Daniel and then asked me..."Who's that weirdo with your kids?" It was hilarious!