Sunday, August 5, 2007

Brotherly Love





It's so great to see Spencer and Nathan when they are getting along and loving each other. It reminds me of the special relationship I have with Rachel. I almost wish Leia could have that but in the end it makes sense that Spencer and Nathan will naturally gravitate towards each other seeing as they are the same sex and close in age. Leia will be more motherly I suppose with two younger brothers to feel protective of. Even if we add to our family and we had a girl they would be too far apart to feel the way Rach and I feel about each other. But perhaps they could have something else that I have never experienced having only two siblings very close to my age. It makes me wonder what in our young lives shape us and how we become the people that we are?

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

How philosophical, Sarah! Sounds like an english major talking...or, perhaps, psychology?

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't have any sisters very close to my age, but I do have a really great bond with two of my older sisters especially. We weren't so close until after I became married and started that phase of life. I think at that point we all had a lot more in common and could share our lives with understanding and sympathy a lot more than when we were growing up.