Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Lemonade



This morning Leia was acting strange. She said she was cold and wanted to wear long sleeves even though it was 70 degrees outside. She cried when the boys bumped her or even looked in her direction. I was concerned she wasn't well but she was adamant that she felt fine as she huddled under my afghan! She was going on a field trip at school and couldn't wait to get there. When we picked her up after school, her teacher said she was out of breath and asking for water after only walking short distances during the field trip. Once we were home, I took her temperature and it was 101.2. I was angry at myself for letting her go and out of guilt I told her I'd pick her up whatever she wanted from the store. She asked for Lemonade???! I suppose the virus she had on Sunday isn't over yet. I wanted to take a picture of her flushed little face without her knowing (so she couldn't pose) and I managed one before Nathan stuck his head in the shot and said with the snot running down, "CHEEEEEEESE"!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

So that's why Anna & Leia were talking about field trips this morning...yikes, I hope she feels better soon! I have some herbal drops that you're welcome to give her--they help a lot with viruses.