Friday, May 11, 2007

Father/Son campout


I have had two children with two very different emotions raging today. I told the kids this morning that Spencer was going on a Father/Son campout. As you can imagine Spencer has been uncontrollably excited all day even though he has never been camping before. He has been looking out for Daddy to come home virtually all day long and as soon as Gary walked through the door, he was ready to walk out of it with his backpack on. On the opposite end, Leia was absolutely devastated that she wasn't going to get to go and couldn't understand the concept of no girls allowed. I have had to promise her all sorts of stuff to pacify her such as sleeping in my bed with me, using her sleeping bag instead of her regular sheets, and staying up later than usual. I know she will be way too tired to stay up that long and will be bored when she has to watch the news with me. Hopefully she will discover that it is way to warm to be using her sleeping bag and I expect I'll move her back to her own bed as soon as she is asleep as I have been looking forward to a little more wiggle room than normal!!

No comments: