Monday, February 28, 2011

A few thoughts.....

Today I had one of those scary "I love my life and everyone in it" kind of moments. Scary because I always worry the bottom may drop out if I acknowledge those feelings.
Now I may not have a husband that looks like Colin Firth (he's in my head naturally because he won an oscar for a fabulous performance in a fabulous film last night) but I have certainly won the husband lottery. This morning I got up and went to get Oliver from his crib. He had been given a bottle, had a clean diaper and smelled like my husband's cologne. It made me smile all over and inside to imagine Gary kissing and cuddling Oliver before he went to work and then changing him and feeding him. Gary is one of a kind and I'm not saying that just because most women when pressed will say their husband's great. He truly knows what life is about and it's rare, and he's mine.

Today I decided that 13 months is old enough to introduce the word no to my son. I've always thought that the way babies discover the world through their mouths is so cute and amazing but not when they are about to insert the sponge you just used to clean the bathroom into their mouth. I saw this from a short distance and was worried that I wouldn't reach him in time so I issued a stern "NO". He jumped out of his skin and his bottom lip began to tremble but he dropped the sponge like it was diseased which it very well could have been. I felt kind of bad but a reassuring cuddle banished the moment from his little mind and the sponge was locked under my sink. Result!

And here is a picture I discovered on Leia's camera. I check it from time to time. I think all my kids have a unique perspective of each other and I think this face from Oliver may have been something only she could get out of him.

Now I don't know what she was doing but it must have been very funny as that is a belly laugh!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

You are a lucky wife to have such a helpful husband. Thankfully, I am too! :)

I love that picture of Oliver, super cute! And I like the idea of giving my kids their own camera...except, Iryna would probably destroy hers within 2 minutes...hm, do you give them digital or traditional cameras?

Rachel said...

Great picture!! You guys need to hurry up and get here - Max is driving me CRAZY asking me when Leia is coming over. As if time isn't dragging enough for me, I have Max reminding me every single day!!

Julia said...

Sarah, Gary is so wonderful. You always told me how romantic he was. I miss you guys. Love you tons, Julia

nicole said...

Sweet post. Love that pic of Oliver!! Looks like a little ham. Glad to see you're all doing well. xo