Friday, August 6, 2010

Just a few things......

It's about 8pm. Gary and are sitting on the couch watching tv and Spencer comes up the stairs.
"Nathan came down off the top bunk, pulled down my pants and then pulled my wiener" he says.
I had a hard time keeping a straight face. For one, Nathan could not have done that unless Spencer was messing about with him and that boy will say just about anything to get Nathan in trouble. Even though Nathan is portrayed as the instigator by Spencer I have a sneaking suspicion that Spencer has more to do with things than he lets on. I think the 5 year age gap between Nathan and Oliver was inspired.

Oliver won't suck a pacifier anymore. I don't get it. Over the last week he has been spitting it out in the middle of the night when I would go in to comfort him if he woke up. For the last two days he has fallen asleep from being wide awake without it for naps and bedtime. I know a lot of people see this as a positive thing but for me it's unknown territory. Leia sucked her thumb until a few months ago. Spencer gave up his pacifier at 4 and Nathan at 2. I've always had very well adjusted self sufficient children who rarely disturb us at night. I can probably count on one hand the times they have shown up in our bedroom in the middle of the night with any issues. I just hope that Oliver gets the comfort he needs from his cuddle cloth (cloth diaper that he has to have near his face when he sleeps).

Gary is the cat that got the cream. The part arrived today and he installed it and now we have a hot tub that is rapidly heating up. He can't keep the smile off his face and is altogether TOO excited. But to be honest, the thought of a hot tub to use over the winter is very appealing. The hot tub and the fire pit are going to make for a backyard oasis. What I love about our new neighborhood is that they allow privacy fences. Our previous neighborhood didn't allow that and every one's backyard was everyone else's as well. How can your yard be an extension of your home if the whole neighborhood can see what you are doing?

Guess I'm off to see if the hot tub is hot enough yet.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

If we could combine your hot tub and firepit with our swimming pool, then THAT would be my idea of a backyard oasis. :D

Rachel said...

Oh yes!!! Well done Gary! Guess I am bringing my cossie in a few weeks time!! You rock Gary x