Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Recap

Christmas was lovely. It was just us and our traditions. On Christmas Eve we had a feast, opened a present or two, watched Polar Express together and left treats and milk for Santa. On Christmas Day we played with the kids all day long apart from the time I spent cooking which wasn't too long as I made sure what I had planned was low maintenance. We played new board games, Leia painted, the boys and Daddy played with Legos. At Christmas dinner we pulled crackers and wore our silly hats. We ate WAY too much and went to bed WAY too late and as a result the next few days were marked by a few upset stomachs and three overtired children. But as I said it was lovely. An interlude before 5 become 6 and things change forever.


Right after Santa visited our house. I love the way that looks. It's always sad that it lasts all of 30 minutes or so.


Going DS crazy. Looks like some rules and rationing will have to be implemented.


The disaster area that was the living room after present opening.


Gary spent 5 hours on Christmas Day putting together legos for the boys. But I know he enjoys it and has been waiting to do it since the boys were newborns!


Christmas dinner. One of my most favorite traditions.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

All looks wonderful. I truly wish we ALL could have been together. x

Michael said...

Brussel sprouts, crackers and poring over lego instructions - reminds me of every best christmas growing up!

nicole said...

How fun!! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. When we get together with our extended family, things get completely chaotic, so as much as I love all my family, I actually prefer a smaller, more intimate Christmas.
You have such a beautiful family. :)

Anonymous said...

It's hard to be so far away from family at Christmas, but I love that you guys put together a simple dinner and had great fun with all the traditions!