Friday, May 1, 2009

Shorn

Well we finally got in a dinner outside in between bouts of bad weather. As you can tell from the picture, Leia was well pleased as was I. I am convinced that a good deal of outdoor living is essential to a person's well-being. I am looking forward to more dinners outside just as soon as this very annoying rain is done.




This afternoon I took Nathan to have his hair cut. I was trying to leave his hair and see what it looked like long. He has such lovely thick blond hair. But before I could realize my dream of walking down the street holding the hand of a cherubic child with hair down to his shoulders, my neat and tidy side took over and he was shorn. I think in the end I prefer the short look after all. The in-between stage beats me every time.
I certainly do love spending my afternoons with my little guy. I have been trying to get him to let me refer to him as my "baby" but he won't have any of it. He gets very angry and insists he is not a baby. I try to explain he's MY baby but the cause is lost. Here is a great picture I cannily shot just after I told Nathan he had to let Spencer have a turn on his Smart Cycle and just before he realized I had a camera and put on a fake smile. Gotta love that spunkiness that all my kids have quite a lot of!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

It's mini-Gary! I love the pout. :o)