Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Well Easter arrived and the children have been ill all weekend. Coughing, chucking up, temperatures, snot and all those nice things. I had bought them all some new clothes for the occasion and I was sad that they weren't going to be able to wear them. Of course the Easter Bunny visited with a few chocolate treats. Sugar - the perfect medicine for ailing children! By mid-morning they weren't looking so good, particularly Spencer. But hang it all - I wanted to take pictures of them in their new duds. So I did. A bit of face powder helped mask Spencer's rosy cheeks and although he was the hardest to get a natural smile from, I am fairly pleased all in all. Leia of course performed beautifully and I love her pictures. I got the dress weeks ago and have been dying to have her wear it. I must say that I like the tradition of a new dress for Easter. Leia looks the best in something simple. I despise straw hats, gloves and all that fussy nonsense. It's a pity that the more tasteful dresses cost more. But then I only have one girl so why not splurge? Nathan did his best to keep still. So happy Easter one and all. I certainly hope your holiday was a healthier one than ours.


This was my attempt at being artistic. Unfortunately Leia can't keep a straight face. This was the best of them.

A natural smile.







This is my favorite.

We had to tell Spencer jokes to get a natural smile. It worked better than telling him to say cheese.

I like this one.



You can't tell he's ill right? Maybe a little in the eyes.

Always eager to pose. Now if he stays still for more than 2 seconds I'm in business.



I like dark colors on the boys. For once I avoided stripes - just to shake things up!



And for the finale.....I'm not 100% pleased with the composition but they are all smiling and looking in the right direction.

7 comments:

Rachel Hall said...

I love, love, LOVE them! They are looking so grown up and more gorgeous that ever! But, do you know what would perfectly complete the pictures? Another few with them and their equally gorgeous cousin Max!! I cannot wait for May/June photo shoots!!

nicole said...

Beautiful kids! Love the pictures. Happy Easter!

jennifer said...

Wow, the kids all look great! So much older than when you were here - how does that happen?!

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Great shots!

Jenn said...

Your children are absolutely gorgeous! Spencer is super handsome!! He looks so grown up! Our kids miss playing with your children. Hope you all get better soon.

Mamapierce said...

Wow, I see a huge resemblance of you in Leia! What beautiful children you have! Happy Easter!

Robin said...

Cute pictures of sick kids. I wouldn't know they were sick if you didn't mention it.

Thanks for your comment on the bossy blog today. It was wonderful and I like the way you think.