Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To laugh (or not?)

I had an interesting morning. I decided to go to the gym and exercise. Not very interesting I hear you say but just wait. I deposited the boys in the play area and disappeared off to kill myself for 30 minutes. I was running around the track upstairs and could see what was going on with the boys while I was at it. At one point I could see that Spencer had been put in time out. Thrilling! I was in such suspense over his offense and I was not disappointed. My dear little blonde haired angelic sweet 5 year old boy told some other boy to "Kiss my a#s".

Disclaimer: I have never uttered these words in my life. Gary assures me it has been years for him. I can only assume Spencer heard it at school or the same playroom where he decided to repeat it.

6 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Oh my! ha ha.

Mommo said...

I would tell you some of the things my kids have said and continue to say (that I certainly don't say) but then I would have to kill you.
Or I would die myself...from embarassment.
I feel your pain.
On another note...we had bookclub tonight. Missed you.

Cumorah said...

Certainly he would never hear things like that in Mrs. Jolstad's class (at least I sure HOPE not!) so it must be from the Y. There ARE some sketchy characters there...you know, like those McOmber kids....I say laugh! And laugh hard -- because really, what else can you do?

Berly said...

How funny!! I like Cumorah's comment - LAUGH!. That is all you can do.

Rachel Hall said...

Very funny! How did you manage to keep a straight face when you were told what he said?!!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee--to laugh! I remember saying things siblings or school mates had said. of course I had no idea what it really meant, but was swiftly punished for it! Poor Spencer! ;)