Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The trials and tribulations of Leia

Today when I picked Leia up from school there was a note in her bag from her teacher saying she had been inattentive, distracted and had been caught on the floor under the toilet stalls messing around. On top of that, she had told me yesterday that she liked this peach snack that I put in her lunch but when I gave her one today, she apparently took one bite only as it was splattered all over the inside of her lunchbox.
When we got home, I made the mistake of tackling the issues immediately and I shouldn't have. She is tired after school and not very responsive. She dissolved into tears and said "It's just not my lucky day" sob sob. She also insisted that she can't choose the right unless she is wearing her CTR necklace. So I had to try to explain to her that she is able to make her own choices no matter what she is wearing. On top of that we had to get her homework done amidst the craziness that is Spencer and Nathan horsing around with no supervision. (Gary is on a business trip).
I think we had a productive chat and hopefully with a good night's sleep, she will be ready to go back to school determined to be a good girl. Did I do these kinds of things when I was six? I really think not. Can anyone say "Daddy's genes"?

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

You know, I was convinced that all of Anna's poor behavior HAD to be from Tyler's side...until I read a journal that my Mom kept of me up until I was the age of 6...no question about it--she gets it from me!!!

I hope Leia starts doing better soon. Anna has been more emotional since she began kindergarten. They're already stressing, it seems. Poor girls! They have a long road yet to trod...

Anonymous said...

I know! It's amazing how sometimes our children don't even seeme to fall from the same tree. I was so shy, although a bit devious and secretive. I do remember doing things I wasn't supposed to, but nobody ever knew or didn't care beacuse I didn't get in trouble. The one time I do remember being a bit mischievous was in Kindergarten. I brought an apple to school that afternoon and nibbled on it during class. Food wasn't allowed and someone told on me. I got my name on the board and was so angry that I'd been caught! ;)Hee hee hee!