Monday, June 18, 2007

Today I had to go do my weekly food shop. Spencer must have been in some sort of mood because he was asking every single person we walked past their name followed by various other questions/comments. Here are a few conversations that resulted:

Spencer: What's your name?

Rachel: Rachel, what's yours?

Spencer: I'm Spencer. Who's that? (pointing to the man with her)

Rachel: That's Dean

Spencer: Is he yours?

Rachel: Well he's my Dad.


Spencer: What's your name?

Carl: My name's Carl

Spencer: Your name's Carl is it?

Carl: Yes

Spencer: What's that?

Carl: A scanner

Spencer: And what's that?

Carl: A printer

Spencer: You have a watch on

Carl: Yes I do

Spencer: My Daddy gots a watch.


Spencer: What's your name:

Heather: Heather, what's yours?

Spencer: I'm Spencer. (pointing to a boy at least as old as him) What's your baby's name?

Heather: This is Hunter.


I just adore the innocence of children. Something as simple as asking someone their name is something we as adults rarely do. And the thought that we all belong to each other no matter if we are old or young is such a lovely thought. His simple enquiries put a smile on most people's faces. It is amazing to me how children can melt people's hearts and cause us to stop and smile occasionally in our very busy lives. I am so grateful for the blessing of being a mother and being entrusted with the three very very special spirits that are my children!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

It's so true. Kids LOVE to talk to everyone and find out about them. It's nice that you didn't restrain Spencer from talking to people. I wish I would let Anna be more free in that regard.

So in england inquiries is spelled enquiries?